Saturday, January 8, 2011

Now that I can take a breath

So starting a blog right around the holidays is a not so smart idea. Now that I can breath I shall start again. Christmas was great as was the New Year. I loved seeing my boys with all their new toys and how excited they were but the highlight was definitely seeing all the girly toys. Never in my life had I thought I would see all those things.

We have decided that this year is our year financially. We will spend on nothing that is not needed and we will save every penny. I have begun collecting coupons from people that do not use them and I search online for deals at every place imaginable. Our hopes is to pay off credit cards and other debts and get us into a house within the next 2 years. This is absolutely doable if we keep at it. Half our problem is that we get careless. So with a strict budget, a folder full of coupons and some time spent, I will get our family out of this apartment and into a house.  I am also implementing the envelope system for our home as well as no debit card purchases. It seems we always spend more when we swipe.

4 comments:

  1. You have an awesome plan working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do eet!! 2007/8 was our "year" of working toward a house and cutting our debt. We were about halfway to debt free when I got knocked up. Scrapped debt free for a while, but we bought our house almost two years ago. Now that I'm done popping out kids we can start back on the debts and saving. I can't wait! Anyway, if *we* can do it, anybody can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan, good luck.

    ReplyDelete